Joseph R. Churchwell, III
Graphic Designer, Illustrator
I am a more than a Graphic designer; I am an artist at heart. Self taught designer who learned from doing. I have been doing Graphic Design/Print since 2003. I started doing business cards, flyers and logos for friends; now I design for local companies.
In the summer 2010 I decided to pursue Graphic Design as a career. I enrolled at Living Arts College in Raleigh to further my learning and ability of the created art form we call "Graphic Media". I graduated with a certificate in "Interactive media" with a 4.0 GPA.
Since graduating I have been able to branch out and start doing more business with the local arts community and business savvy companies looking for a different eye.
My work is detailed, complex and created from the business artist perspective. If you are looking for someone to change your perspective....Today you've found him.
~Graphics is not a hobby it's a ART-STYLE~
JOSEPH ROLAND CHURCHWELL III
Durham, NC 27701 ● 615-423-2678 ● 919.729.9939
firstname.lastname@example.org/Online presence: www.churchwellj.wix.com/josephchurchwell /Portfolio:
Joseph Churchwell/JaBlaze Enterprise Durham, North Carolina
Independent Graphic Designer 2005 - present
• Collaborate with clients to conceptualize marketing vision by generating artwork, presentations and graphics utilized in industrial based sales and marketing efforts to promote companies and their products across a multitude of targeted markets and production of final design based on those marketing needs
• Analyze and assess business imperatives and propose design and development solutions to meet key strategic graphic initiatives for various companies
• Apply quality assurance processes to meet project timelines and manage budget to ensure customer satisfaction
• Create and design company business card layout, Prints, Flyers, Logo, Posters, Pamphlets,
T-shirts, Menus, Wine List, Match Book and Web banners. Providing electronic and hard copy final products for sales and marketing material
Raleigh Art Festival/Film Festival Raleigh, North Carolina
Contract/Freelance Graphic Designer Nov.2012 - present
• Create logos, handbills, posters, and business cards of the Art Festival
• Oversee Project Management of designs, ordering and delivering custom business cards, flyers and posters.
• Design custom graphics for t-shirts
Yelverton's Enrichment Services, Inc. Raleigh, North Carolina
Contract/Freelance Graphic Designer Jan 2012 - Jan 2016
• Create logos, handbills, website graphics, and business cards
• Design custom t-shirts for business. Oversee Project Management of designs, ordering and delivering custom business cards for company’s employees and business locations.
Art of Cool Project Durham, North Carolina
Contract/Freelance Graphic Designer Jan 2011 – Jan 2013
• Create handbills, flyers and logos for website, and business cards.
• Oversee ordering and deliver of flyers and posters for multiple projects
ReproGraphics – Williams Lea for GSK Durham, North Carolina
Printing Press March 2012 – May 2012
• Press Handbooks, insert mailing, laminate handbills, coil and bind marketing material
Jump Jefferson Street Jazz Festival Nashville, Tennessee
Independent Graphic Designer 2008 - 2013
• Annually analyze and assess business imperatives and offer instructional design and development solutions to meet key strategic initiatives
• Create graphics and apply image techniques to increase the vision and mission of the festival
• Design preliminary and final sketches of proposed drawings, using web-based designs
• Design and market t-shirts, posters, tickets, flyers, web banners and other products
• Successfully manage and coordinate graphic design project from concept through completion
• Living Arts College Gallery Exhibition
• Best in Category: Publishing Advertising Design 2010-2011
• Best in Category: Typography/Poster Design 2010- 2011
• Performance and Written Screen Plays
• Written, produced and performed in multiple Poetic and Theatre productions
in North Carolina, Tennessee and Michigan
References upon Request
Graphic Media, Billboards, Magazine Covers, Business Card, Pamphlets
Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign